Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Incense and Oldies (1970)

Incense and Oldies- Buddah Records 1970

Incense 1
This record terrifies me. I bought it because I thought it was a compilation of Motown/Phil Spector songs, and it was 20p and had an interesting cover. It is a compilation of Shangri-Las and Dixie Cups songs, but there's a man in between the songs doing sort of inspirational mediation speeches that are vaguely related to the titles and make no sense whatsoever. I guess you're supposed to meditate to Leader of the Pack or something. The man is creepy whatever the aim.
Incense 2



Here is Mr Creepy himself. I didn't upload any more, because I couldn't face listening to him much, and I'm sure you know what the Shangri-Las sound like.

Track Listing
Side 1:
Leader of the Pack- Shangri-Las
Hello, Hello- Sopwith Camel 
( I really don't understand why they put this on here, it really doesn't fit)
People Say- Dixie Cups
I Wanna Love Him So Bad- Jelly Beans
Boy From New York City- Ad-Libs
Give Him a Great Big Kiss- Shangri-Las
Side 2:
Chapel of Love- Dixie Cups
Mirage- Tommy James & The Shondells
Mind Excursion- Tradewinds
Remember (Walkin' In the Sand)- Shangri-Las
New York is a Lonely Town- Tradewinds
I Think We're Alone Now- Tommy James & the Shondells

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...